Monday, May 30, 2011

Remembering Summers



Remember the simple pleasure of running through water from a hose and how the water you drink from a hose seems to be more satisfying than any you've ever had before? Just watching my son play in the water brought back so many memories of doing the same thing when I was a little girl with my friends. Once the pool came along there was no need for the sprinkler anymore but I look back and don't think we laughed any less, maybe more. Let's face it what's not funny about slipping in the mud?


We had nothing planned for the day, just some yard work, perhaps a little time in the studio, I've got a show coming up next weekend. Now I'm making macaroni salad and we'll be grilling. It feels like a holiday. Lest we forget though this is a day for remembrance. My dad was a gunners mate on the USS Randolph during WWII so thanks Dad, Uncle Bob, Uncle David, Robbie. We appreciate all of you, and love you all.


Happy Memorial Day,


Heather



1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    I noticed you left a comment on last years party announcement. I haven't let everyone know the dates of the party for this year yet, but I will in the next couple of days! I hope you'll sign up then!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete