Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm back once again. Jumping back on the creative part of my life. It's been a really really tough year this year, suffering from severe depression and if you have ever dealt with that yourself you know how impossible it is to get anything done. But with the help of modern medicine, therapy and friends I am doing better and getting to know myself again.

I feel better about my creative self, doing a commission, have two exchanges to work on etc. I'm still holding back on painting, will be pushing past that fear soon. Have loved trying new things for my embroidery and art quilt work and will post when the project is done.

It's amazing how we know that we are creative yet fear of failure or success holds us back. It's like we have to instantly be fabulous and making a living. Yes in some aspects of my life I can be a perfectionist and very black and white, all or nothing. Yet I've taken some recent leaps of faith, teaching an embroidery class at the library for kids 10+, becoming a founding member of our local arts council that is just starting. These are big leaps for me. Plus I will be opening an Etsy Shop soon.

It's a journey and something I must do. The whispers have always been there now, I can no longer ignore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment