Sunday, October 17, 2010

In the midst of a storm


So in my last post I extoled the virtues of Finding my Muchness and I have found that hanging onto that is much more difficult than expected. Right now I am at a HUGE ebb. Finding it hard to get out of bed, to speak, to create etc. I feel as if my heart is splitting wide open and not in a good way. This challenge called divorce is overwhelming me. I desperately look for someplace to live but even with two jobs cannot afford anything. There is silence so huge in the house it's like another person. And I am trying desperately to just breathe through it. This weekend though, not too much breathing but lots of sleeping. My defense mechanism for sure.


This is a really difficult post to write because I'm really laying myself open and exposed. I'm terrified and near tears at what people will think. If I will be able to handle thier kindness distain, pitty or worse just suck it up and stop whining.


Here goes.....


For years I have struggled with depression off and on. Seeing a therapist off and on since High School, on and off meds. Yet none of that has compared to the last 3-4 years. Trying to get well to heal has been like being on a knights quest for the Holy Grail and still it seems elusive. Just when I think I can breathe like a normal person, get dressed go to work do all the normal stuff it's like a huge storm rushes in and I am back in the places I never ever want to be again. Where I can't see further then where I am now. Wishing I wasn't. Feeling so alone so sad. How do you hang onto the laws of attraction ie being successful creatively, emotionally, having a lovely place to live, feel like you can be a success when all you want to do is curl up in a ball and be left alone?
I feel like such a failure, so many mistakes have been made this year, as I am reminded often. They were impulsive, some I knew it was stupid and some I did in extreem good faith only to have it destroyed and leaving me it quite a bit of debt.
Each time I come to this point of despair I beg God to never let me come here again. And yes sometimes I beg God to just take me away I cannot stand feeling this much pain again. Each time it gets harder to pick myself up again and now I am so tired, my eyes blurred by tears feeling like I'm not really here.
I will make an appointment with a new Dr. tomorrow. Try and find courage, strength and faith. I so long and ache to have faith. But it's that trushing a man thing. And I can't seem to get around it. I am in awe of someone with true faith.
There is so much more I wanted my life to be, so much more I want to be. I've spent my life in doubt of myself, in fear of being a lone, of not being good enough. And through the men in my life have been shown that I am not good enough, from fathers, to teachers, to strangers and yes even a husband.
I am writing this because so often when I feel the way I've been feeling I close up, I put on a good face, laugh and make jokes, withdraw and make excuses. It's so hard to accept help when you feel like nothing. But if I don't reach out I'm never going to make it.
Thank you for spending a little time with me.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, truth be told ... we all deal with some of this ... sometime ... but what we really need to do is to speak out as you have done here ... Last week I finally took the necessary steps to get an Order of Protection from a man who has been in my life on/off for more than 30 years. He is the father of my 11 year old son. Now he refuses 2 pay Court ordered child support and the three of us have less than $20 and a $900 house payment due by the day after tomorrow. Heather seek HIM who is able and only HIM ... sometimes I look for the voice of someone in my life who has overcome, much too pull/call to me and life me out ... I'm not sure if this will work for you ... but give it a try ... U are in my thoughts and prayers ... there is a change coming ...

    ReplyDelete